Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The Poet Opines, Among Illustrious Peers


I've been interviewed by Chicago Postmodern Poetry, Ray Bianchi's very sharp website. If you've tired of me, check out the index of interviewees: there are some Big Names (Andrei Codrescu, Robert Creeley), some Giants of Old-School Langpo (Ray Armantrout, Charles Bernstein, Ron Silliman), some of the Mighty and Unclassifiable (Pierre Joris, Eliot Weinberger, Paul Hoover), some of the most interesting newer poets around (Mairead Byrne, Catherine Daly, Arielle Greenberg, Simone Muench, Gabriel Gudding), and more worthies of many stripes.

I'm glad to see, too, that there's an interview with Joyelle McSweeney, who has just entered the outermost orbits of Chicago as the new poet at Notre Dame. Go Irish!

I should add that in the interview I include one of my proudest inventions, the phrase "language poetry fundamentalism." You know what I'm talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment